[VB] [T2] Engine overheat

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:59:14 PDT 2020

Thanks for the tip Robert. I don't have the factory thermostat or flaps
installed. That was one of my options last time I had the engine out. I
have a set of flaps and working thermostat.
I studied how the engine is configured and discovered that since the 1 and
2 cylinders are offset to the rear of engine center and the 3 and 4
cylinders are offset to the front of center,
the fan housing does not blow centered on either the right or left side of
the motor, but blows more on 1 and 4. So, I installed some vanes at the
bottom of the fan housing to kick more
air towards the 2 and 3 cylinders. I have photos if anyone want to see.

Chris
64 Kamper Kit
Cheddar the 71 sunroof