[VB] [T2] Hot engine

Dennis Gentry dennis.gentry at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 19:32:38 PDT 2019

Hi Chris,

If there's nothing blocking the fan intake, it really sounds like your
timing might be overly advanced if you were able to get it hot in 0 - 50
mph.  It sounds like you've retarded timing a bit and maybe it got better?
Of course once you retard too much, you won't get the power you should.

I'd make an effort to get the timing right before looking anywhere else.
(And until you get things dialed in, better to run a little rich for
protection from detonation.)

If you said what distributor you have, I missed it, but that will be the
primary determinant of the correct timing.

Good Luck!
Dennis