[VB] [T2] Hot engine

Jim Arnott jrasite at eoni.com
Fri Sep 27 20:03:27 PDT 2019

BTDT.  ’62 Type 221. 1600 SP. Coming up out of Death Valley toward Ridgecrest.  Hot, hot, hot, smell the hot oil engine. Nothing obvious. Plenty of oil, no flaps to stick closed. The third time we stopped to let it cool down, I remembered being environmentally conscious when I checked to oil and not discarding the paper towel. I tossed it in the corner of the engine compartment right over there.  It ain’t there no mo’. Looked everywhere before I reached around the side of the shroud and peeled it off the fan.

You might check that there’s not something stuck in the fan.