[VB] Hot engine

sglw sglw at aol.com
Fri Sep 27 06:11:31 PDT 2019

When I had my 63 single cab repainted the guy had some newspaper taped to the inside of the vents. One of the marskings got into the fan inlet. Driving from cold it seemed OK,. I have an oil temp gauge so it took a while to go up. When I firnally found the painted newspaper, everything went fine. Did you check the shroud reach around the engine and have a feel.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Dreike <cdreike at gmail.com> Date: 9/26/19  10:14 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: VW type 2 late aircooled <type2 at type2.com>, "<vintagebus at type2.com>" <vintagebus at type2.com> Subject: Re: [VB] Hot engine
Thanks Sam.
I too have a porsche pulley and the 3.88 r&p and the welded balanced fan.

Chris