[VB] Hot engine

sglw sglw at aol.com
Thu Sep 26 20:46:18 PDT 2019

I have a 1600 dp with typ 3 twin carbs and would overheat when driving in 100 degree weather. My solution was to use an early porsche 356 generator pulley, that is 10% smaller. This is because I have a 3.88 ring and pinion and only do 3000 rpm at 60 mph, I did put in a balanced and welded fan as it goes faster.
Check to see if your fan is clear.BestSam w

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Dreike <cdreike at gmail.com> Date: 9/26/19  7:16 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: VW type 2 late aircooled <type2 at type2.com>, "<vintagebus at type2.com>" <vintagebus at type2.com> Subject: Re: [VB] Hot engine
In poking around on The Samba, I saw a reference to maybe the vents on a
splitty are not large enough to support the dog house size fan.

Also my compression measures at 1-4, 150, 155, 155, 160. The engine builder
was targeting 8:1 compression. Not sure if 155 is close to that. Anyone?

Thanks,
Chris