[VB] Camper rebuild

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Sat Apr 7 18:22:53 PDT 2018

I recently received some $pecial order plywood to match the original
used to build the Kamper Kit interior in my bus. I have 1/4" thick and
1/8" rotary cut ash veneer faced. Seems that in the early 60's this was
a quality, common and cheap material. Try buying true 1/4" and 1/8"
plywood these days. In the next month or two I'll be removing all the
paneling and parts and then cutting and assembling the new pieces.
Anyone have tips on cutting plywood?

I have a Sears table saw and a Ryobi jigsaw. I plan on buying new blades
to use on this project. Can anyone recommend a particular brand of blades?

  I don't plan on making any changes to the layout. I have a rear facing
seat behind the non-walkthru panel as well as a refrigerator. Opposite
that is the fold down bed and closet. A typical layout.

The Kamper Kit guys were pretty smart as they designed the bed 4 feet
wide to make full use of a plywood sheet. This makes it possible to
slide 4x8 material through the back hatch. The downside is less closet
space. So convenient though for a small construction project.

TIA
Chris
64DD Kamper Kit