[VB] [T2] Wheel Cylinders

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Tue Jun 14 15:11:13 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM, c.dreike <c.dreike at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hey collective Wisdom,
> Has anyone tried plating their wheel cylinders to prevent corrosion? I don't
> drive my bus very much and the cylinders tend to corrode after a few years
> and start weeping a little fluid.

There are companies that re-sleeve brake cyl's for vintage cars
(particularly those that dont have replacement parts around) - I think
the generally use brass?   A good stainless might not be a bad option
either.

of course, you could switch to a brake fluid that isn't hydroscopic, too...

for me - the rubber craps out (gets stuck in shape).   (though there's
probably a bit of corrosion issue too, but the misshapen piston seal
is usually the obvious culprit)