[VB] [T2] Starter rebuild

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Wed Nov 18 14:20:08 MST 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Ric Jablonski <ricjablonski at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK the 71 bus is to the point of hitting with a hammer about 1/3 of the
> time. :-(
>
> I have heard the "auto zone" etc option is poor for reliability.
>
> Where is the best place to send an auto trans starter for a rebuild?

I just buy the Bosch rebuilt starters/alternators/etc

and I stick with the self supporting autostick starters for the
type1s, which work great and don't have the bushing issues.

Bosch SR17X is the autostick -

http://www.autohausaz.com/pn/SR17X

http://www.mofoco.com/item/Bosch_SR17X_Starter/2273/c168

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-SR17X-Starter/dp/B000BZN6AA

from a quick search.

airhead lists a number of both new and reman bosch units:

https://www.airheadparts.com/prods.asp

SR15X or SR15N would be the bosch reman/new type2 starter that
requires the bushing (12v...)