[VB] Singlecab hit - looking for original paint color

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Tue Sep 30 05:09:05 MST 2014

I lent my truck to a friend, and he drove a little too close to a car in
front of him. That car stopped short, so stopped, but not short enough.

Now my front end is a bit smushed. I'm planning on getting it fixed, and am
sourcing out new metal for it. While it is in the shop, I'll probably get
the rocker panels done too - as they are more rust than metal.

As I'm getting this work done, I'm thinking about my paint color - which
I've never really liked. My singlecab was painted blue and white by the PO.
I'm not sure of the original color, but have seen glimpses of red around the
fuel filler. There is no longer a paint color sticker on the car. If I am
having as much body work and paint, as I imagine I am having done- I may
change the color. I was wondering how to find the original color? I think it
is in my Vin somewhere, and thought I'd seen website with this info before,
but can't seem to find it now.

Any suggestions on finding it?

Thanks,

-Kevin Guarnotta