[VB] 15" TIres

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Sat May 10 13:21:25 MST 2014

The first time I got tires for my '65, I just went to a local tire shop. The
guy sold me on tires that were more appropriate for a beetle. I didn't
realize this until much later. They lasted me a long time - but near the end
of their life, I realized sidewall strength is important in a Bus tire.

I believe Bus Depot did a lot of research into tires - and came to the
Hankook tire. It is somewhat readily available - so no need to do a ton of
searching around for it, and relatively reasonably priced. Most folks that
pay attention rave about them. I got them on my '65, and got 2 on my '69. I
would get them again.

Then again, I have not tested a bunch of different tires - they just seem to
work for me.

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy