[VB] Aluminum jalousie window cleaning

C. Dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Thu Mar 6 20:57:15 MST 2014

Ric,
If you can find someone with a bead blaster, go with that. Remove the
glass first, carefully. The aluminum is brittle and the tabs break off
easily. Once blasted off, coat them with aluminum paint and a clear
coat. My windows were done this way and I also installed new glass.
Unfortunately the old 3/16" laminated glass is unavailable and I went
with solid and had it tempered. Get a couple of extra panes done. I
get lots of compliments at the shows. If  I can remember, I'll take a
photo this weekend and send it to you. Send me a reminder. I
reinstalled them with DAP glazing putty. They've been garaged for the
last 10 years and they still look like the day I installed them. BTW I
replaced the rusty old screws with some nice phillips head stainless
sheet metal screws.

Cheers
Chris
64 DD Kamper Kit

Scientists seek to understand what is,
while engineers seek to create what never was.
As the "Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait says, "Teach a man to reason, and
he can think for a lifetime."