[VB] mixing tires

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Thu Aug 21 04:21:11 MST 2014

Hi guys,

Quick tire question - for some reason the tires on my '65 Bus are Hankook
195R14C. I think they were out of stock on the 185 when I needed to replace
them.

So a couple years ago my '69 truck needed tires, I figured I should just get
the same as what I got for my bus - so I got Hankook 195. I only bought two
tires at the time- as that was all I needed.

Now I need to get two more for my '69, and was thinking I should be getting
the 185 as that is the 'correct' size. Would it be a big problem to have my
front tires be Hankook 185, and my rear tires to be Hankook 195? Eventually
I'll make all tires the 185 size.

I understand I would be able to rotate my tires, but aside from that?

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy

'69 Singlecab