[VB] Vampires, Easter, buses and garlic...

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Sun Apr 20 09:56:49 MST 2014

Well the weather is pretty nice today, so I took the cover off my '65 bus.
Reconnected the battery - and it started right up. Which is always a great
thing.

One thing I noticed after unveiling my bus. Well actually two things - there
were no vampires in my bus. I had been thinking that one might move in
there, because with it covered, it might look like a coffin to them.

The second thing I noticed - my bus stank. I thought it was garlic, and
thought maybe I had left some food in the bus over the winter. I searched
everywhere and could not find it.

It was Easter, so my wife, son and dog all piled in to take the bus to a
local park for a walk.

After returning from the park, the smell was still there. I was now thinking
maybe a mouse died in the bus? Or some other animal.

I searched the bus again. And lo and behold I found a large garlic bulb in
the back cabinet. So the smell was in fact garlic, and my bus was indeed
vampire free. So I'm not sure if the lack of vampire is due to the garlic or
to Easter.

Either way - does anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of that garlic
smell?

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy