[VB] diagnosing bad fuel pump?

C. Dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Mon Oct 7 20:47:25 MST 2013

Hi Kevin,
Which carb do you have?
How about the float? Did you open up the bowl and check it out? Maybe
some sludge has developed in there.
And yes, poor fuel pressure could be a problem. Do you have a pressure
gage and a T to put in the line? I have one of those all purpose
pressure/vacuum gages. Fuel pressure will be somewhere in the 2-7 psi
range. Maybe someone else will chime in with a more exact pressure
point.

Does this happen on hot days? Not likely, but a vapor lock could
occur.

BTW, my fuel injection is running nicely. I'll be working on the cold
start later in the year as its been too warm out here in So Cal to
have a problem since about April. Temperature today, approx. 75F.

Cheers,

Chris
64 DD Kamper Kit
Now with FI power.

Scientists seek to understand what is,
while engineers seek to create what never was.
As the "Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait says, "Teach a man to reason, and
he can think for a lifetime."