[VB] engine tin for 1600 sp …

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Sun Oct 6 16:24:40 MST 2013

sorry, that fire extinguisher/engine picture is stolen from this ad..
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1536651

it has a temp sensor something like a sprinkler system,, and if the engine
bay temps excede it.. it releases the powder..
it is a good idea.. but .. from experience.. that extinguisher isn't large
enough... and if the nozzles aren't pointed at the fire... may not put it
out.
it might snuff it.. and allow  you to hit it with another extinguisher....
which should snuff most gas fired flame...

also.. unless the interior pick up tube in the ext has been modded... it
will not even spill the entire contents of that extinguisher.  probably only
half of it. as that extinguisher is designed to be discharged upright...as I
said.. it may be modded for that horizontal purpose...

one 5 lb extinguisher isn't enough ..............................

From: "John Dillon"
That's not his bus - I'm thinking it is one of those kits you see in the uk
mags.