[VB] exhaust options

Bob Wohl bob.wohl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:22:14 MST 2013

Hey all!

After getting back from OCTO and the classic, my stoke to get done is
stronger than ever. Hence my question.

I have a 1915cc on the stand that I ran for a few hours in my bug. I'm
thinking I may use that for the bus once I get the metal work done. If I
decide not to, I will probably go with a 1776. Either way, I need an
exhaust for a bus that will allow enough flow.

I was using the vintage speed exhaust in the bug. I do love the sound and
look but...  yeah... I kind of need all the tin on my aircooled engines ;)
Here's a link to that:
http://www.vintagespeed.com.tw/Exhaustsystem/Exhaustsystem-main.html

So the question is, what options are out there that any of you
would recommend for a lowered (not slammed) bus?

I'm not a fan of the vintage speed exhaust due to the way the headers get
in the way of the tin otherwise I'd be trying to justify another purchase
from those guys. I've read up on the samba about the Phat Boy and bug
packs.

Thanks in advance!
B.