[VB] Rebuilding carb ?

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Wed Jun 5 18:26:36 MST 2013

I'm rebuilding my carb, as I've had weird problems with it (I couldn't post
the problems as this was when the list was down). I figured I'd look at the
carb - as I don't drive my bus really during the winter, and I'd read that
some of the additives added to today's fuels can attack seals. Anyway - I
figured I'd give it a shot.

I got the carb pretty much apart. Soaked in carb dip can.

I bought a universal carb repair kit. The diaphragm, choke pull-off part
number 113-129-221 that I removed looks slightly different than the one I
pulled out of the carb. I'm wondering if these are compatible?

See here - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1069861

Thanks for any tips on this.

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA