[VB] Starter problems

VWBrain at aol.com VWBrain at aol.com
Mon Jul 29 13:40:09 MST 2013

does it have a 12 volt flywheel??  later  md

In a message dated 7/29/2013 8:02:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
william.hauck at state.mn.us writes:

I have a  '59 SC with a 1600 motor.

I have been eating up starters for some  reason.  In the last month I have
replaced the starter six  times

Granted, the starters are cheap ones from O'Reilly's, Auto Zone,  Pep Boys,
etc.

I currently have  an A/T starter that only lasted  about a dozen starts
before it burned out..

Something must be  wrong.  Not all of these could have been defective.

William R.  Hauck
Mediator/Arbitrator
Department of Labor and Industry
443  Lafayette Road North
St. Paul, MN   55155
651-284-5144
1-800-342-5354

This e-mail message and any  attachments are confidential and may be
privileged information.  If you  are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering it to  the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to  this message and destroy all copies of this
message and the  attachments.

vintagebus  mailing  list
vintagebus at type2.com