[VB] redux: Porsche Pulley

VWBrain at aol.com VWBrain at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 08:38:51 MST 2013

stoddards  ,pelican parts  , 4 part s  2 pulley halfs, shims  and center
hub  later  md

In a message dated 7/22/2013 11:44:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
c.dreike at verizon.net writes:

Sam  wanted to know where to buy one. Not sure, I googled and its not clear
to me.  Maybe one of the suppliers on the list has them, (your best bet).
Mark D? Ron  S? Jim T? Any other vendors on the list? What cha got?

Also I noted on  the google search, the 356 pulleys don't have a bushing.
Buy a mounting  bushing, be sure it has the threaded end to fit your nut. I
happened to have  an aftermarket VW pulley where the bushing was not welded
into the rear half  of the pulley. Took it apart and the bushing fit
perfectly into the 356 parts.  Don't forget the shim washers.

Chris
64DD Kamper  Kit

Scientists seek to understand what is,
while engineers seek to  create what never was.
As the "Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait says, "Teach a  man to reason, and he
can think for a lifetime."