[VB] BNNTA Update... it's started without me!

Bill Bowman bill at bnnta.com
Wed Aug 28 14:00:23 MST 2013

Hi all,

While I'm in the garage loading up three of my Type 2 Buses with BNNTA event supplies, I just received a call for our buddy Brian Holcomb and his son Carson from the D.B.G. Club up in Wisconsin.  They are in the BNNTA campground already and are setting up camp!!!

The US Army Corps of Engineer Rangers love our event and get a kick out of seeing all of the Volkswagens roaming around the park and the countryside, so when they saw Brian in his gorgeous Velvet Green Double Cab and trailer arriving in the Indian Creek Recreational Area a little while ago, they offered to open up the normally locked gates to the "group" campground (that I lease for the event) early...very early.  All they ask is that any other early arrivals go over to the main campground and pay the normal camping rate per night for each vehicle, but they can set-up in the BNNTA site early.  I'll arrive on Friday, and from then on registration for the event and camping happens normally at our registration area near site #12.

Brian and Carson have that huge campground all to themselves tonight, but several more Volkswagen campers will be joining them early on Thursday, and then the usual hordes will arrive all day on Friday...

... and so it begins!  We hope you can join us...

Bill Bowman
www.bnnta.com