[T2] 1973 Fuel Tank Vent System

Ches Cole ches at chescole.com
Sat Sep 4 08:24:06 PDT 2021

Hi All,

I’ve been unable to do anything to our Viking Camper for too many years but recently started on it again.

A friend cured a fuel leak for me and we got her running again.   I’ve since put a new air filter in and properly re-connected all the air box parts and associated small hoses.

However, just above the frame of the engine lid, there’s a small bore rubber hose attached to the metal tank vent pipes.   It connects to a T piece facing forward and finishes with a 180 degree bend that connects to nothing.

Anyone know if this is correct, or if not not where it should go?

Van is a late 1972 built 1973 model, UK RHD and original 1700cc Fuel system with the twin choke “split” Solex.

Sorry I’ve been away!

Hope everyone is well,

Ches