[T2] Link Pin shims

Bob accessys at smart.net
Thu Jan 9 09:13:04 PST 2020

WD-40 is NOT a lubricant it is a solvent and will wash grease and oil off
things and in effect make it worse.  use a good quality spray on lube that
will not damage rubber. CRC makes some good ones I personally like
something called "Tri-Flow" lubricant on stuff like that, a little goes a
long way but it is pricy about $15-20 for a single spray can, and it is
hard to find, Grangers either has it or can get it, not sure any one else
would try "Tractor Supply" if one is around.

as for the squek noise have you checked your shock absorbers.?? I once had
a squek in one of the mounts where the bolt had come slightly loose and
tightening it back up was all that was needed.

YMMV of course
good luck

Bob

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020, Chris Dreike wrote:

> Update. I disassembled the passenger side suspension including the trailing
> arms. Nothing to indicate what is squeaking. All the bearings were clean
> and smooth. I disassembled the driver side as far as removing the king
> pin assembly. Again nothing to indicate what is squeaking. I put it all
> back together making sure that everything is well greased. No joy. the
> squeak persists whenever I drive through a dip that makes the suspension
> make a good excursion. I crawled under the bus and got a buddy to bounce
> the bus for a while. I could not hear any squeaks. I'm stumped. Any
> suggestions? I did not lube the stabilizer bar rubber bushings. Maybe?
> Tomorrow I'll squirt some WD-40 into those.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
> 64DD Kamper Kit
>
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:30 AM david raistrick <keen at icantclick.org> wrote:
>
>> doubt the attachments will make it to the list but - its more complex
>> because the shims are used to offet/change angles.    there is a chart... :)
>>

>> --
>> Sent from my random mobile device of the week
>>
>>> On Jan 2, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Chris Dreike <cdreike at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>> I'm trying to fix a grindy squeal in the right front of my 64 delivery. I
>>> took things apart and i'm not sure I have the correct information on the
>>> numbers of shims that fit onto the link pins. I have an offset of 7.5mm.
>>> The Muir and my Clymer books says 4 shims each side upper and 3 inner
>> and 5
>>> outer for the lower.  On the lower I have the 3 and 5. On the upper there
>>> are only 2 and 2. The drawings in all the pubs are showing a bug spindle,
>>> not a bus spindle. Anyone have a Bentley you could check on the shim
>>> numbers for me?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chris
>>> 64 DD Kamper Kit.