[T2] Drop spindles on a 71

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:15:15 PDT 2020

Hi Guys,
I am installing EMPI drop spindles on my 71. I have them bolted on with the
new brake calipers however the rotors are far from centered in the
calipers. They almost touch the outboard pads with the calipers wide open.
Is this OK? Installing the supplied shims would push the calipers the wrong
way.  Anyone know if the 73-79 rotors are spaced a little differently so
they would center up? Will the 73-79 rotors bolt up the 71 hubs? Do I need
to grind/machine off the bosses from the calipers? I can get maybe 1/16"
from that. The rotors are about 1/8" off of center.

Thanks,