[T2] Steel sunroof

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:49:29 PDT 2019

 Andy,
I was thinking about your lighter weight comment and I think it would not
be as stiff and maybe cause problems. As it is, my sunroof is easily lifted
by myself for removal after removing the guide brackets. It slides aft and
for quite smoothly and easily. Proper lube is important. I used silicone
grease loosened up with PB Blaster and WD 40 in the cables and on the
rails. Its very important to clean out the cable guide channels in the
rails. I used Q-tips and acetone. Took about 30 minutes per channel with 2
channels per rail.

There is a video on youtube showing the open and close action. You should
look at it.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGvvrb7zykQ&t=1s

Chris