[T2] Steel sunroof

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 20:18:59 PDT 2019

 Hey Volks,

I recently got my sunroof working nicely and was about ready to install the
stock style seal around the rim. Everyone I spoke with told me that this
seal leaks when it rains. So I decided to look around and see if I could
find a seal material that would do a better job. I found success with a
small and inexpensive "D" shaped rubber seal with an adhesive backing. I
have sprayed water on the roof and no water leaked in.  A 26 foot length
was about $11-12 shipped to me in So Cal.

Here are some links:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Motor-Door-Small-D-shape-Rubber-Seal-Weather-Strip-OEM-Hollow-314-8M/123756148663?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314-8M-Car-Motor-Door-Small-D-shape-Rubber-Seal-Weather-Strip-OEM-Hollow-NEW/192668612539?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Chris