[T2] [VB] Hot engine

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 20:27:33 PST 2019

> I don't have exact oil pressure data numbers, however I did check
>> that it is high when cold  -  maybe 60 psi and drops to 5-10 psi when warmed up
>> to running temp

        Cold 60 psi is fine; warmed up, oil P should drop as low as 5 - 10 psi only at idle.  Cruising psi should be up around 30 - 20 psi.
        To the extent that oil circulating thru your oil-cooler and filter which is incidentally an inefficient oil-cooler are needed to curb cruising T, your v low cruising oil P is a possible cause for concern.

RM