[T2] Improved ride quality

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Fri Aug 30 08:46:16 PDT 2019

> I still think the suspension was bottoming onto the rubber stops. The gap
between the top of the
trailing arm and the rubber was very short.

based on your descriptions, I'd agree.   it sounds like you have a reduced
suspension travel from stock.   I'd guess that you may be suffering spring
sag, which is pretty common, particularly on campers.    for rears, it's a
torsion bar adjustment to bring it up.   for front it's a bit harder, since
the stock beams dont have adjustability.   Of course, you could have a
broken spring leaf, which is also common.    could be worth a beam teardown
to find out.     You can add (or have added) an adjuster, and use it to
raise (to stock height), instead of lower, the front.

it's pretty common for the lowered crowd to have to cut or remove the bump
stops.  it's not really normal for the stock height crowd. ;)