[T2] Mid-Atlantic VW Restoration

Gregory Urban urban at yaic.com
Tue Aug 13 19:54:30 PDT 2019

Thanks for the info. I reached out to Skyline but they did not contact me
back.

I was hoping to get some info from FMBC, but I posted on their website and
Facebook page and got 0 responses. My friend's father lives in Roanoke VA
and knows Mark D from Salem Imports. I wasn't sure they did full
restorations, and given he didn't respond when I posted on the FMBC
Facebook page, I am assuming they don't.

Maybe I'll try Skyline again.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:03 PM Erik Burtis <ewdb92 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Aside from Cooker's, the other name that pops up on a regular basis thru
> the VW Cruisers and CV3 VW clubs is Skyline Auto restoration and repair in
> Madison VA.  Paul's Auto repair in Annandale VA does good work, but I am
> not sure if they do restorations.  Going a bit further south, Salem Imports
> in Salem VA has a good rep with some of the southern clubs, like the FMBC.
> I think there was a place in DE that I heard about but don't know it's
> name.  Might search for local DE and PA clubs and see what their members
> recommend.
>
> Erik
> '71 Westy
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:34 PM Gregory Urban <urban at yaic.com> wrote:
>
>> I have recently acquired a 72 Camper, which I planned on parting out, but
>> I'm having second thoughts. It's an European import, with a SO 72/5
>> (Miami)
>> interior, slightly unusual. It has the original child's cot and whatever
>> you call the small cot in the pop up.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm looking for someone to do some body work on the bus, possibly
>> full restoration. I'm in Annapolis, MD, but I'm happy to travel to PA, DE,
>> VA, WV: basically up to 6 or so hours away to get it done by someone
>> trustworthy. I'm not in a rush and I  know this isn't going to be cheap. I
>> just can't find someone locally to take this project on. Even Cooker's is
>> not taking bay windows at this time.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Gregory Urban