[T2] Won't start yet all is well

thewestyman zolo at foxinternet.net
Sat Nov 3 20:56:32 PDT 2018

Hi to all,

I am new to this forum, usually visit the Vanagon guys.
But because I have a 1982 van, which has the same engine and system as the
T2, I come to you and ask if any of you have and idea what to do to solve my
problem.

I have 35 psi fuel pressure,
good spark,
detectable electricity at the injectors
new ambient temp. sensor

My engine won't start.

But it would if I keep on winding the starter for a long time, come back
later and try again and again, and then it may start.  The battery has to be
constantly charged to keep this going.

I suspect; the injectors are not opening to spray.  Maybe the power is not
enough to open them, yet there is some.  I checked with a test light only.
Is it possible that the ground wires are not effective enough?

Where and how should I check?

Thanks to anyone who is brave enough to chime in.

Zoltan

If this did not reach all of the guys, would you please pass this message to
them?