[T2] fuel line

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Mon May 14 05:39:03 PDT 2018

In a pinch when mice chewed the rubber lines, (this is from memory) I
have used 5/16" (on the loose side) fuel injection line from the FLAPS;
they don't carry metric.  It must be rated for FI pressure if used after
the pump.  The fuel tank inlet/outlet has no barb on it, which most
screw or pinch clamps rely on to make a secure connection.  I believe
the fuel rail also is not barbed. In the high pressure rail, use correct
metric hose; BusDepot sells it.  I never liked braided line, it hides
the cracking or mouse bites.  As they get brittle the hoses crack due to
vibration. Be sure to use rolled edge screw clamps sold  for fuel
injection; Mercedes has them in the parts dept.  I have seen some with
barely rolled edges, avoid those. Injectors with cracked stock
compression collars I have carefully dremyled apart to not nick the tube
underneath, then used the Bus Depot tubing.