[T2] 1972-74 Passenger side heater box needed

Greg Potts slowlanemusic at icloud.com
Sun May 13 18:55:32 PDT 2018

Hi Dan,

I’ve posted a photo of the broken flange on my blog here:

http://www.pottsfamily.ca/pottsfamily/wordpress/?p=178

It’s repairable, I just need to clean it up with a wire wheel and take it to an expert welder friend of mine. I’ve borrowed a spare cylinder head to use as an alignment fixture, so it shouldn’t be too complex a repair.

But the job did get a little more complicated when one of the studs came out with a big helping of aluminum threads. Installing a Heli-coil with the motor still in the bus is going to be an interesting experience…

Happy trails,

Greg Potts
1973 WestFakia 1.7L FI
Toronto Ontario Canada