[T2] 1972-74 Passenger side heater box needed

Greg Potts slowlanemusic at icloud.com
Sun May 13 18:49:08 PDT 2018

Hi Bob,

The 78 system has a LOT of parts and gaskets to connect them.  The parts might be cheaper individually, but the 72-74 system is so much simpler:

4 copper gaskets at the head.
2 heater boxes.
2 muffler gaskets.
1 muffler, 1 tailpipe gasket and 1 tailpipe.

I hate fixing leaking exhaust gaskets, so the less of them the better. The stock 72-74 muffler is also a nice piece of engineering; mine is nearly 10 years old and still holding up just fine. Cheap mufflers don’t last two years here in the rust belt.

Happy trails,

Greg Potts
1973 WestFakia 1.7L FI
Toronto Ontario Canada