[T2] 1972-74 Passenger side heater box needed

Greg Potts slowlanemusic at icloud.com
Sat May 12 12:49:19 PDT 2018

Hi volks,

It’s been a couple years since inactivity got me kicked off the list, but frustration with FaceBook and TheSamba has brought me back…

Is it acceptable to post “Parts needed” ads here?  I need to repair or replace my passenger side heater box and the retail cost is rather steep, so I am looking into alternatives. For the cost of a pair of heater boxes and a muffler I could likely complete a water-cooled inline-4 engine swap. But after careful consideration I’ve decided I’d rather be driving than wrenching this summer, so a heater box repair or replacement seems to be the more expedient course of action.

I tracked down a pair of NOS boxes in VT on TheSamba over the winter but the seller doesn’t appear to be interested in shipping them.

Happy trails,

Greg Potts
1973 WestFakia 1.7L FI
Toronto Ontario Canada