[T2] Generator.

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Sat Jun 30 10:03:46 PDT 2018

A week ago the D+ wire came loose and shorted out on the DF post melting the wire connector from D+.
I was only getting 12.6 volts to the battery from the VR. So I changed out the VR. No improvement.
I checked the generator and it spins like an electric motor, but the voltage to the VR is only 12.6 and doesn't change on revving.
Is it the generator that's bad? I'm scheduled to leave on a road trip to New Brunswick in a week and need to get the engine back in the bus!
ALSO... I was checking the spark plugs and found #1 and #2 plugs a nice light tan color.
#3 and #4 are black, but not really fouled.
Is this an indication of burning oil in those 2 cylinders? If I need to do something about it, do I just replace the rings on just those 2 piston or do all 4?
Thanks for any advice!