[T2] Dipstick length

Greg Potts slowlanemusic at icloud.com
Mon Jun 18 10:20:54 PDT 2018

Hi Volks,

I’m upgrading the engine in the westfakia from a 1.7L EA series (914 and 411) motor to a 2.0L GD series (late bay window) . One of the best parts of that conversion will be going back to the original oil filler tube and dipstick rather than the top mounted tube and filler used on the 411/412/914.

But... the engine I bought didn’t come with a dipstick. So I was hoping someone out there could please tell me the measurements I need to fabricate one for myself.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts
197x Westfakia “Bob the Tomato”
Www.pottsfamily.ca