[T2] Heat Resistant Foam

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:35:30 PDT 2018

The dangerous fire at the large Browns Ferry Ala. nuclear power station was
caused by 'non-flammable®' foam catching fire from a candle flame.

Cheap way to get thermometers back aft: use meat thermometers of the
J-thermocouple variety.  One fits nicely in place of the dipstick, reading
oil T.  Another can be wherever you plan, in the air of the engine
compartment.   One slim lighting-pair for each meter is pulled thru c.12'
of 'flat floppy' garden sprinkler hose,  The one meter will serve for both:
fit a small DPDT switch at its side.  Down on the switch is oil T
(mnemonic, huh  -  sump is down, other thermocouple temporary air T, or
long-term cylinder head T, is up).  The factory for those Westach meters
was not destroyed in the Santa Rosa fire, but they took months to supply a
new CHT guage.   The meter is by far the costliest part of this eqpt U$100;
can some electrodemon try out a few mass-produced meters please?
       In the hose also can be 4mm PVC transparent pipes for oil P and
intake vac.  In my '73 the easier path fwd for the hose was up the R side,
but either way prepare for a fun time dislodging bits of road-dirt onto
your own dial as you persuade this signals hose fwd.  If you can fit in yet
another slender insulated pair for an ammeter or voltmeter, you'll be even
more satisfied than I am with this bout of instrumentation.