[T2] Routing wire from dash to driver's seat

Andy McKinley airhedz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 19:09:32 PST 2018

I built a console that fits on the floor between the seat bases. The top
contour follows the top of the seat bases exactly, and it follows all the
angles top to bottom and front to back on the sides, so it fits snugly
everywhere. Loose change won't even fit in the cracks. The fairly low power
amp (180w rms) will be under the driver's seat and will power two 60w rms
6.5" woofers firing down in the sealed cabinet. The cabinet will be up off
the floor 1". This will be an interesting acoustical experiment considering
the heater duct directly below. The crossover will be somewhere in the
neighborhood of 85hz. The front and rear speakers are Orb speakers (
orbaudio.com). Fronts are mounted on the heater ducting near the
passenger's right knee, ditto for the driver's left. The rears are near the
rear hatch hinges. I can take some pics if anyone is interested.
More on the cabinet: I ran a prototype production of three, and have some
other ideas of a simple console without speakers that could be used for
locking storage, trash bin, cup holders, or combinations of all. I'm open
to ideas.

Andy