[T2] Insulating ring

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Sun Dec 30 15:46:43 PST 2018

Finally found a little more detail regarding the insulating ring here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=640289&postorder=desc
Look at the 4th post for a picture of the location.
Looks like the insulator wraps around the outside of the steering tube
at the steering lock. I think that I could use some electrical tape.
However it may really not be needed at all because both the tube and
shaft are at +12V. If the tube is grounded, the horn should blow.
Maybe the insulator keeps the turn signal stuff from shorting out.

And more here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=488228&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Cheers,
Chris