[T2] Insulating ring

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Fri Dec 28 16:47:23 PST 2018

Hi Guys,
There is an item called "Insulating Ring" inside the steering tube below
the steering wheel.
In the Bay Bentley manual, Steering section 2  page 27 diagram the item
11 is shown around the middle of the tube.
In the 68 parts manual it is called out on page 4-12 as item 12 part
number 211 499 599A.

My 71 bus is missing this part. I'm not sure where it fits in the tube,
and I'm not sure of its function.
It is NLA however I could cut something similar from some sheet
polyethylene and tuck it in.

Can anyone tell me exactly where this piece fits in? And maybe what it
really does?
I have the whole steering mechanism out of the bus presently. Cleaning
and painting all the parts.

Thanks,