[T2] steering gearbox

Dave Gillingham dave at coronado-realty.com
Wed Dec 26 11:38:59 PST 2018

Chris:

Be very careful!  I went through three boxes before I had one rebuilt
locally that was satisfactory.  I was working on a 73 bus.  The steering
box I got from Bus Depot was no good, but they were very good about taking
it back.  I then tried a box from PartsGeek - purportedly new, and it was
really bad.  Even worse, they have refused to refund my purchase price
because I can't tell them precisely where it was shipped.  (The RMA number
they sent me was evidently of no use).  I recommend everybody avoid
PartsGeek if possible.  I finally had a steering box rebuilt by a shop here
in San Diego, and was happy with the results.  Best of luck!