[T2] Kadron issue

Jack Dinan jdinan at cox.net
Tue Oct 3 20:35:31 PDT 2017

As I recall, the only two things between the fuel line and the float bowl are the mesh filter and the check valve that is operated by the float.

So the sequence of tests is as follows.

Pull the rotor in the distributor so the engine can’t start.
Remove the fuel line from the carb and direct it into a jar.
Crank the engine.
If no fuel squirts out, the restriction is somewhere in the line.
If fuel does squirt out, reconnect the line to the carb.
Unscrew the six bolts that hold the top to the carb body.
Lift the top enough to let you observe underneath. The check valve shaft should drop down.
Crank the engine. If no fuel squirts out of the check valve, the obstruction is in that valve or somewhere in the short path to the mesh filter.

It’s been years since I messed with my Kadrons, so others will have to double check this procedure.