[T2] Catalytic Converter to Muffler gasket

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Thu Jun 1 12:23:51 PDT 2017

Hi Guys,

Driving the other day - my bus got noticeably louder. Went to check muffler, and the gasket between the Catalytic converter and the muffler had slipped loose.

I'm looking for a new gasket for here - some research turns up the following part #  023-298 051 B, which is NLA.

I've seen recommended welding them all together, or welding a triangular flange onto either side, and using a standard triangular gasket. My mechanic doesn't seem able to do this - due to time. Is this something any decent exhaust shop should be able to do?

Anyone else deal with this - and have any ideas?

Thanks,.

-Kevin Guarnotta

'65 Kombi
'69 Singlecab