[T2] troubleshooting auxiliary battery charge

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Wed Jul 19 18:02:54 PDT 2017

Since I took out the fridge/aux battery system years ago to install a 74
full width bedseat, I'm doing this from memory:
The ammonia fridge uses a 4 amp charger/housepower to 12v converter to
run the heat needed for the ammonia to circulate and to charge the
auxiliary battery when using house power.  There should be a relay also
to connect both batteries while driving and separate them while parked-
as I recall, the relay uses rather small wiring, so the amount of
current allowed to charge the spare while driving is not enough to
charge the deep cycle battery if you have a short trip home.  Your spare
battery should be put on a smart charger to get it back to 12.7 RESTING
voltage.
    If a voltmeter on the spare battery shows no rise in voltage when
bus is running, check the relay- and have handy a 10G jumper wire with
large alligator clips on the ends to connect the positives of your
batteries.

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper