[T2] Home

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Mon Jul 17 15:57:08 PDT 2017

Hi guys!
We all got back home this afternoon after a scare with Myles.
AAA told me the generator was bad even though the GEN light never came on
It turned out to be the hot lead to the voltage regulator that had come loose keeping the battery from being charged.
Marc Schneider driving a '63 panel bus stopped to help while I was waiting for a AAA tow truck to come.
He got in touch with George, who talked to Sean, who got a hold of Louis Hodi who owns Hodi's garage. He found a bad battery ground. He replaced that and tightened the wire going to the voltage regulator and sent me on my way at no charge.
These guys got me out of a bad situation that could have involve an needless engine pull costing more money that I had available.
It's great to be a member of the VW community!