[T2] 3rd annual father son trip

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Thu Jul 6 19:32:27 PDT 2017

Hi Joe,
I've actually took Myles to Rhode Island. I kept him at 65mph and he ran a little hot, so with the suggestions of the group, I readjusted the valves, rechecked the timing, and readjusted the carb. The engine is running a bit cooler.
I did an oil change replacing the add on oil filter and cleaned out the screen. All new gaskets and crush washers.
Myles is a '71 transporter with a 1600 engine.
Now I have a list of tools to bring!
As for the heat, I soundproofed and insulated the interior, so at least the sun's heat will be dissipated a bit.
Thanks for the tips!

Bob