[T2] a modest proposal

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:56:11 PST 2017

   I'm confirmed in the old idea of 'rotating' tyres every c.10,000 mi by
the sobering fact that the other 3 road wheels turned out to have their
nuts loosenable by only 30 ft-lb torque, whereas the correct torque is 80
ft-lb (110 Newton-m).  Merely to check whether wheel-nuts have worked loose
is a lesser motivation than the benefits from 'rotating' tyres to even wear.
   Some fancy newer tyres have only 1 specified direction of rotating,
which would tend to vitiate the classic 'X-swapping, incl the spare'
pattern of swapping at 5,000 - 10,000 mi.  But I'm not aware of any 185R14c
tyres that have such directionality.

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon