[T2] a modest proposal for infrequent but regular maintenance

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Mon Feb 20 19:14:13 PST 2017

>      Conclusion: invest in large mirrors, with enough height to see rear
> wheel wobbling.

A good reminder that when something odd starts up, STOP, LOOK.  Kick
the tires, walk around, look underneath..    Then proceed with
caution, and perhaps a few more stops and looks, until you're sure
it's at least nothing obvious. :)

>      And if anyone near me can let me have a std pressed-steel wheel, &/or
> 5 wheel nuts, I'd be grateful.  (I don't want no aloominum, mag, etc 😀)

The nuts, anyway, should be easy to come by even down there - M14-1.5
with an acorn seat.

When mine came off the '66, it just rolled right by me - there was a
shimmy and a thunk and...you picked a fine time to leave me, loose
wheel!