[T2] 1600 engines

Erik Burtis ewdb92 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:38:38 PST 2017

My 71 has such an engine.  When I bought the bus, I found the engine uses
an adapter plate for attaching the mustache bar.  The adapters are
available from lots of dealers,, about $10ish I think.  The standard bus
engine has three holes drilled and tapped for the mustache bar.  The
adapter plate uses the oil pump plate mounts.  I have not heard one is
better than the other and have no issues with mine so far (going on 7 yrs
now).   Have no power issues with this engine either.
Erik