[T2] Heater Controls

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Wed Dec 6 12:52:29 PST 2017

OK guys – quick mini-trip report. My drive is 2 to 3 hours, depending on traffic and stops etc.

Outside temps around 40. Inside the bus – I was toasty warm. No jacket. No Hat. No gloves. I generally kept the heat at full defrost mode, I don’t know how comfortable the back of the bus was – but I was good. I couldn’t quite tell if I moved the lever to get air into the footwells how well that worked, as I couldn’t feel down there while driving.

One basic test – if I put my hand over the dash vent while on the highway – after about 10 seconds it was too hot  to hold my hand there any longer. That is my scientific hand/heat test. 😉

I’m making the return trip Friday. Will probably be about 10 degrees colder, I’ll update you all after that trip.

-Kevin Guarnotta

’65 Kombi
’69 Singlecab
’78 Westy