[T2] Attach dash pods?

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Dec 1 19:24:38 PST 2017

Got the dash in. First time - knocked two wires loose, and was able to reconnect them, but gen light would not come on when key in ignition. I started tracing all the wires. Took the dash apart again. Then tried wiggling the bulb in the instrument. It came on. So bad ground or something there.

I found I had to take the radio out for me to be able to fit my hands up behind the dash to secure it. Seems like a really crazy bad design. I also noticed a lot of wire that should get some attention. Once I figure out the best crimper for this, and probably after I tackle the wiring on my '69 - I'll be re doing the ends of some wires, and cleaning some connections.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab